Benefits of health insurance in Turkey
Health insurance obligations and benefits
Health insurance in Turkey is compulsory for every foreigner who wishes to reside in Turkey for a period that exceeds what is permitted by the entry visa granted to him, Regardless of the type of residency he received (or will receive).
The aim of health insurance is to ensure that the resident has access to health care and medicine throughout his stay in Turkey, Therefore, the insurance contract must cover the entire length of the required residence.
Health insurance facts:
- The absence of an insurance contract when submitting the residence request (first time or renewal) leads to the refusal of the application until obtaining health insurance
- Individual insurance, That is, there is no insurance for the whole family, But everyone has separate insurance
- Children under the age of 18 do not need health insurance to obtain residency
- Adults over 65 do not need health insurance to obtain residency
The required documents
All you have to provide the employee when requesting an insurance contract is:
- A valid passport (or a valid travel document)
- A copy of the passport (or travel document)
- Determining the contract period (one or two years, starting and ending dates)
Be In Touch
We have a team to respond and follow up around the clock